Woodbyne Fitness Clinic is owned and run by Paul Johnstone. Paul is a qualified Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer and Sports Injury Therapist.
After spending many years in the Computer Software industry Paul decided to embark on a career in the health and fitness industry in 1999.
Paul trained as a Tennis Coach with the Lawn Tennis Association and worked as a tennis coach for two years before deciding to broaden his fitness and training knowledge.
Having successfully completed his Personal Training Diploma at the Oxford University Sports Complex with Premier Global - recognised as one of the leading training companies in the industry - Paul's mission is to pass on his knowledge via the Woodbyne Fitness Clinic.
"I had followed a fitness training regime for years without realising how mostly ineffective my efforts had been. I want to use my knowledge now to help people achieve results much more effectively."
- Fitness Instructor Award
- Diploma in Personal Training
- Diploma in Sports Injury Therapy - incl. Rehabilitation & Ultrasound
- LTA Tennis Development Coach Award
- Optimum & Sports Nutrition Award
- Circuit Training Award
- Body Massage Award
- International Institute of Sports Therapists
- Member of the Register of Nutritional Therapists
- Register of Exercise Professionals
- Lawn Tennis Association Coaching Register
Paul, has always been a keen sportsman and enjoyed keeping fit. He enjoys most sports but his initial sporting passions of football & tennis have now been replaced by Triathlon & other multi-discipline events.
Paul has completed a variety of sporting events and challenges, which he feels places him well to train others with similar goals, including:
- many running races from 5k to marathon distance
- all Triathlon distances (inc. full Iron-man)
- Fell Running incl. 3 Peaks & Welsh 2000
- Road Cycling - many sportives & 24 hour bike challenge
- Coast to Coast Challenges - incl. Devon & Scotland - completed in both 2-day & 1-day events
- Mountain Biking